Why Should Girls Play Sports Like Golf?
The long-term benefit of girls participating in sports, such as golf, goes beyond the physical and emotional. Playing organized sports as a young female helps create better business women according to a survey by MassMutual Financial Group of 401 executive business women.
Executive women believed that sports helped them in a variety of ways, including:
- 86% of the women felt sports helped them to become more disciplined;
- 81% felt participating in sports helped them function better as team players in the workplace;
- 69% of the women felt sports helped them develop leadership skills;
- 68% of the women believed their past in sports helped them learn to deal with failure; and
- 59% of the women thought sports gave them a competitive edge over others in the business world.
First Tee junior golf and life skills programs provide girls with the platform they need to become high-achievers in their personal goals, boost their self-esteem and experience competition in a fun, supportive environment.